The Governor of California, Jerry Brown, has signed a Bill that will ban ‘conversion’ or ‘reparative’ therapies in that State. These are interventions that aim at ‘curing’ homosexuality or at least, controlling homosexual desires. There have been reported cases of exorcisms, shock treatment and aversive therapies not unlike those that were used in Stanley Kubrick and Anthony Burgess’ A Clockwork Orange. Continue reading →
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) and male circumcision: should there be a separate ethical discourse?
- Don’t Give Money to Beggars
- Would you hand over a moral decision to a machine? Why not? Moral outsourcing and Artificial Intelligence.
- Does it matter that there’s cocaine in our water supply?
- What if schizophrenics really are possessed by demons, after all?
- Anke Snoek on How Much Freedom Should We Give Up To Avoid the Spread of Infectious Diseases?
- Alexander Andersson on Moral Enhancement Won’t Work For The Very Reason It Is Claimed To Be Desirable
- Cody Fenwick on The devil is real, and we all know him
- Neil on The devil is real, and we all know him
- Keith Tayler on Moral Enhancement Won’t Work For The Very Reason It Is Claimed To Be Desirable