The Governor of California, Jerry Brown, has signed a Bill that will ban ‘conversion’ or ‘reparative’ therapies in that State. These are interventions that aim at ‘curing’ homosexuality or at least, controlling homosexual desires. There have been reported cases of exorcisms, shock treatment and aversive therapies not unlike those that were used in Stanley Kubrick and Anthony Burgess’ A Clockwork Orange. Continue reading →
- Dave Frame on Can it be morally wrong to make people happy?
- Anders Sandberg on Hiring the right psychopath
- Concerned reader on Hiring the right psychopath
- Laura S on The arrogance of warmongers: Pacifism for the 21st century
- Dave Frame on What kind of internet ought we to have?