The Governor of California, Jerry Brown, has signed a Bill that will ban ‘conversion’ or ‘reparative’ therapies in that State. These are interventions that aim at ‘curing’ homosexuality or at least, controlling homosexual desires. There have been reported cases of exorcisms, shock treatment and aversive therapies not unlike those that were used in Stanley Kubrick and Anthony Burgess’ A Clockwork Orange. Continue reading →
- Christopher Larson on Female genital mutilation (FGM) and male circumcision: time to confront the double standard
- Mike on Academia, philosophy, and ‘race’
- Lucius Caviola on Being a Good Person by Deceit?
- Martin on Academia, philosophy, and ‘race’
- Anthony Drinkwater on Being a Good Person by Deceit?