The Governor of California, Jerry Brown, has signed a Bill that will ban ‘conversion’ or ‘reparative’ therapies in that State. These are interventions that aim at ‘curing’ homosexuality or at least, controlling homosexual desires. There have been reported cases of exorcisms, shock treatment and aversive therapies not unlike those that were used in Stanley Kubrick and Anthony Burgess’ A Clockwork Orange. Continue reading →
- If you’re a Conservative, I’m not your friend
- Don’t Give Money to Beggars
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) and male circumcision: should there be a separate ethical discourse?
- Guest Post: An Open Response to Roache’s Anti-Conservatism
- The Conservatives’ Legacies: What should we do with Inheritance Tax?