Cross Post: Spectator TV – Should the government ban smoking? With Kate Andrews and Dominic Wilkinson

Oxford Uehiro Centre’s Professor Dominic Wilkinson discusses the government’s proposal to ban smoking with The Spectator.

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit

3 Responses to Cross Post: Spectator TV – Should the government ban smoking? With Kate Andrews and Dominic Wilkinson

• Paul Van Pelt says:

I could not access this interview.

• Paul Van Pelt says:

…But, I did a cross-post of my own to a couple of friends. One is a known blogger, the other is not. I copied remarks to several UK sources, discussing the question several ways. I took no one’s stance in the matter of nicotine addiction, least of all the greed of Big Tobacco and complicit government. In fairness, I have axes to grind. Loved ones have died because of tobacco addiction. I make no apologies for my axes—nor need I. I smoked. I was stupid. And, I quit. I think THAT was smarter. My little essay/letter/rant is honest. The tobacco story is long. I made points in fewer words than most. If I hear from either, or both of the friends, the effort will have been worthwhile—I will have made some difference. Even should I head from neither, It is still good. They have, as I have noted, Interests, Motives and Preferences. Those need not march in lockstep with my own. I strive to do the best I can with what I have and know. Others do more, or less. Still good…so long as one DOES something. Differences that make differences—that is what I’m talking about.

• Elane says:

Good respond in return of this query with genuine arguments and
    telling everything regarding that.

My page People Cannot